my Avenger 2 DLG
This glider rocks. I have very little to compare it to, but I love the
way it flies. Assembly was straightforward but long for a first-timer,
although I think I could build another one in well less than half of
the time (and do a better job). I really want to build something like
it with poly for a keep-in-the-car glider to fly at lunch (and I've
found that in the Red Herring-style models, which are extremely
portable and launch/thermal great).
- Janco Models Avenger 2 DLG (built around 5/27/2002), aileron version
- Hitec HS50 aileron servos in the wings
- Hitec HS55 servos for R/E (well, HS55 on elevator, CS20 on rudder)
- Hitec Superslim receiver with case removed
- stock kevlar thread pull/pull linkages for R/E
- lithium 6v 2x CR123A battery pack
- radio is a Hitec Eclipse 7
The Avenger 2 is a wonderful value for the money.